Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Dreams - copic contest entry

Sorry for the long break, I've been using Tumblr a lot instead of this blog. My tumblr name is born4catz.tumblr.com so you can see things there, as well as on facebook at facebook.com/beckypennart 


Now then, I worked on this for over a week trying to really perfect it. Busy trying not to stress over it, and having life get in the way in between.  Test after test and really trying to push myself not to push myself you know? I had to just be ME. Do it my way, and use whatever type and brand of products and methods I needed. I don't care about being consistent anymore. I'm an artist, it's what we do. 


cg test

re-sketch
Line art

Products used



finished. 

Lesson learned: there's a time to plan, a time to test, a time to think ahead and choose the best color scheme and media... but there is also a time to just go for it and embrace mistakes. 
I'll carry on from here. 

The hard work is paying off and it's getting a lot of attention, I want to soar up from here. 


No comments: