Sunday, October 26, 2008

Getting a little sidetracked...



Okay, to prove that I haven't spent all of my time playing World of Warcraft.. I'll show you what my little sister got me into: (don't laugh too much >_<) It's a site called GoSupermodel.com they basically give you a digital paper doll that you can dress up with clothes you buy using "GoMoney" which they give you when you play games. (if that sounds time consuming ... it is.) By far the best part of the site is they give you the undressed paper doll to DRAW clothes onto using their "designer" game :) and you can make them look like anything you want! (my first design was an empire waist dress ala pride & prejudice - pictured here) then you submit them for approval (and pay a fee of 10 gomoney) and a few hours or a day later its automatically listed under your model's name. It's all mostly 8 year olds playing around, but also i've run into some older ladies and even 16-17ish girls who are future graphic designers; using the site for practice!
Good clean fun is what it is, and how often do you get that anymore? Plus it's something my little sis and I can enjoy together :-3 and it's not like I haven't been drawing at all XP I'm just saved the trouble of drawing anything but clothes and sometimes hair bwa ha ha ha ha XD
my designs have gotten better too, here's my version of galadriel (some downsides are #1 no male models and #2 when you design they give you the box surrounding the model to work with, and then surround it with a HUGE frame of empty space : / it takes some imagination and illusionary work to make it all seamless)
two more I'll share with you are my Alphonse Mucha tribute, and my Marie Antoinette
ciao! :)

No comments: