Saturday, October 4, 2008

NYAF

On to the festival!
I gave the second weekend pass to my sister Emily (that was a no-brainer) she's 14 months older than me and we are into all the same stuff. We spent the whole week shopping for something cool to wear, I almost wore cat ears but couldn't find any decent ones.

My brother Matt came to take photos for me, and he brought his friend Mark with him who is a video game concept artist, so there was something for everyone!


We got into the city by bus on Saturday and ended up at a Mcdonalds where apparently everyone was on lunch break from the convention! (hehe) the place was packed with cosplayers! Pretty impressive stuff!

We headed over to the Javits center and Matt and Mark got their tickets and we went inside and saw even more cosplayers. One girl was dressed as the main character from digi-charat (FLAWLESS COSTUME!) and I saw a bunch of Bleach's Ichigos running around...
and I was really happy to see some Sailor Moon cosplayers too; nice to know people still appreciate the old skool hehe!


I stopped by the Del Rey Manga booth to say hi and chat about the contest and thank them another million times hehe!
They gave me a slap bracelet, a suvudu.com sticker and a Phoenix Wright foam gavel haha! My brother had fun hitting me with that one. *bonk*


I saw a bunch of stuff I wanted to buy but I didn't have any money! haha ^_^'
Too bad, that Mokona backpack would have been perfect...
I saw SO MANY talented artists selling their artwork too! I wrote down the name of a fellow DeviantArt member named Pallid.
VERY cool stuff! By the time we got done seeing everything there my feet were killing me and it was time to go get dinner and head home.
I really wanted to go back on Sunday afternoon for the art workshops but I caught a bad cold!! What a cool Festival though, I would definitely like to go next year! And seeing all the amazing artists there made me really want to work on my own talents and be as good as they are! Maybe someday that will be me selling drawings!

Http://Born4catz.Deviantart.com

No comments: