Monday, April 26, 2010

ICE




Since I took some pictures of the process, I think I'll try to sum it up with the poor quality phone shots. (Oh also, I was the USA winner of the gosupermodel wedding dress design competition. The final product was released today. So if you join, you can pick one up.:)
_________________________________________________
When I started this, I was at our cabin just enjoying a nice weekend. I wanted to make something ornate, and I wanted something that was framed by it's self, so I could fit it on a t-shirt someday. I also like to stick with the art nouveau look, and detailed headpieces. The wings on the shoulders were partly inspired by world of warcraft, and I tried to incorporate as many details as I could. I had a lot of fun drawing the eyes, relying on my eraser to get a white lash effect.
___________________________________________________________
I was working on regular children's extra wide craft paper xD We had lots of it around so I started sketching on it. It's served me well over the years. I started the skin with skin white and milky white Copic sketch probably. I don't really remember.
_______________________________________________
Shaded the skin using probably fruit pink, and started marking the hair with cool gray 0 and 01 or 02.
____________________________________________
Filled in the background and used pale lavender on the hair as well.
______________________________________________________
Filled in most everything else. Added blue to her hair, used cool grays and purples on her clothing, filled eyes using frost blue(personal favorite) and purple.
___________________________________________
Filled in more of the background, frame, more of her outfit, headdress, etc. After this point I didn't document it, but I mostly used ink pots and used white and purple ink to finish up the frame.
The End!

No comments: