Monday, September 22, 2008

So there's this contest...

A few days ago I was browsing facebook and on the side of the page there was a banner for the NY Anime Festival, it said something about drawing and something else about a contest! so I clicked the link.
As I read the details I found out that it was for people to send an Anime-Esque self portrait, plus a regular photo of yourself to suvudu.com's email address.
and what do you win? 2 weekend passes for the festival!
wow! I thought, that's totally me! (I had just doodled a picture of myself earlier that evening) and I have always wanted to go to an anime convention/festival!

so the following day I got to work on a picture. I wanted to make it NON-scribbly and not too comical either. I didn't want it to look like simple paper.
what i aimed for was something along the lines of my pirate copeland drawing
since that is my most animated looking drawing.
I had a few ideas, and normally my personality would turn out determined and funny.... but I wanted it to be pretty because I like pretty things :)
and because of my alias Born4catz I incorporated a cat into it.
I spent all day and into the evening on it, adding bit after bit. then I worked on the background and when I looked at the clock in triumph feeling great that I was finished it said 1:00am. I thought OH NO! WHAT WAS THE DEADLINE AGAIN??
according to the rules the deadline was "midnight the 18th" I'm like... what does that mean?!?!!
so I sent it in with a sense of failure having come out of it with a drawing that doesn't entirely look like the true me.

a few days went by and I tried to forget about it. This morning I even changed my default picture on facebook back to a photo rather than the drawing.
then, while watching sailor moon with my sisters I saw the little gmail box on firefox said 1.
here i am thinking "hmm probably spam like e.l.f. cosmetics or south beach diet. :( but just maybe... we'll see."
so I clicked the button and the screen loaded. the title said Congratulations from SUVUDU!
we all kinda cocked our heads to the side thinking spam?
and then I was like huh?
and then I realized I had won SOMETHING I just wasn't sure what, I thought it was like a manga or something. I thought oh yay I didn't miss the deadline after all!
Then we saw the words GRAND PRIZE and we had to read the email 5 times before it sunk in.
YES it is true, I am one of the four grand prize winners who actually get to GO to the New York Anime Festival!!!!!
I can't believe it! I'm so excited and looking forward to going! Me and my sister, hopefully my brother will buy a ticket! And I will tell you all about it!!! I feel so lucky :) It's hard to imagine how I got here, that drawing isn't even amazing *dies*

Http://Born4catz.Deviantart.com

No comments: